So I did this one Sunday Morning when I was leading Teen Bible Class.
The whole idea was to create a Christmas Cracker that when opened on Christmas day, it would help us remember the christmas story. Before we made the Christmas Cracker, we talked through what was going to be in it.
The paper hat was represented by a crown, because Jesus is KING. (Luke 1:26-38) On this crown we wrote a prayer of thanksgiving to God for being King.
The Joke was represented by a Shepherd,because they were joyful. (Luke 2:1-20) On the Shepheared we wrote our favourite Joke, and shared them with one another.
The Gift, was represented by the present, because the Wise men brought Jesus gifts. (Matthew 2:1-12). On this we gave ourselves a challenge to do on Christmas day. One of the following;
- Pray for those who have nothing this christmas.
- Tell someone in your family about the christmas story of Jesus.
- Do something for someone else this christmas.
Then we took a picture of Jesus in the manger, with this prayer written on itl
Lord, help me, today, to keep You at the centre of everything. Amen.
This prayer was to be prayed in the morning of Christmas, and every time during the day we started to forget what we were celebrating.
After that, we spent the rest of the time making the crackers. To make them I followed the instructions from this blog.
- Follow the instructions from the blog, it’s pretty simple.
- Cutting the Dimonds out is the hardest part.
- I printed these templates onto White Card and got the group to colour it in before folding and sticking together.If you are going to do this, remember to colour in the BACK of the template because you want the printed side to be folded in the way so it is on the inside of the cracker.